The Shape of You - Be in Love With Your Body | Mary Breuer Photos - Green Bay Photographer
Knowledge is Power
I am often met with resistance, especially when it comes to women stepping in front of the lens and more so when I tell them that they cannot wear clothing that is not fitted to their bodies. They panic with the fear of someone seeing their imperfections and their "muffin top" showing. I get it. I really do, we all love to hide underneath flowing clothing not only because it masks whats underneath but because it is usually more comfortable too. However, it does absolutely NOTHING for our shape and therefore makes us look larger in photos then we actually are. For the next few moments I am going to need you to keep an open mind and just embrace my instructions and guidance for a moment because what I am about to share with you will change your world. Today I am going to teach you the best way I have found to determine YOUR body shape.
How to figure out Your Body Shape...
Before you start reading I need you to grab a few things; measuring tape, ruler, pencil and paper. Don't be a goon, go get it. If you don't have a ruler no worries, just the other items will work just fine.
- Measure around your bust.
2. Measure your waist. Your true waist is directly under your rib cage, not around your belly button.
3. Measure your hips, around the center of your hip bones.
4. Write down all of your numbers and grab your ruler. Flip it to the cm side. Draw out straight lines to rep your bust, waist and hip measurements in cm. Be sure to leave some space between each line.
5. CONNECT THE LINES! You will have one of the following shapes: Rectangle, Pear, Inverted Triangle, Hour Glass or Dimond.
My hips are the widest part of my body that ultimately makes me a pear shape. This means my goal is to Add to my upper body and deemphasize my lower body body to elongate my figure. And now that I know that I can choose tops like a boat neck to help widen my upper body to even out my lower body like this out fit does.
WHAT IS YOUR BODY SHAPE?
Now that you know how to figure out your body shape I would LOVE to send you a complete style guide that tells you HOW to style yourself for YOUR body shape! Completely FREE!
It's time to embrace your body and to pick pieces that are catered for your shape. This guide will help eliminate stress and help you avoid making unnecessary purchases.
Next week I will be diving into all of our "problem areas" and how to minimize the things we are not so fond of. Stay tuned!